September 8-11, 2020 • Caldera Arts Center
Q: What does it cost to attend Americana Song Academy?
A: Camp tuition is $650
Q: What is included?
A: Tuition includes camping with shower facilities at the beautiful Caldera Arts Center on Blue Lake, ALL camp activities and instruction, plus ALL meals during your stay.
Q: Where is camp located?
A: Americana Song Academy takes place at Caldera Arts Center, located on the shores of Blue Lake in the Cascade mountains just minutes from Sisters. It’s a stunning setting. You’ll be provided with directions as camp gets closer.
What if I have special dietary needs?
A: Our excellent camp caterer can address most requests. All food is fresh, healthy and prepared on site. Many longtime campers have dubbed ASA “Food Camp with Music!”
Q: Can I bring my dog?
A: We welcome trained service animals but — due to liability issues — pets are not allowed.
Q: Can I camp in my RV?
A: Yes, there are dry camping spaces (no hookups) for RVs. Please notify us that you’ll be camping in an RV so we can reserve your space.
Q: Can my family come with me even if they’re not attending camp?
A: Only registered campers can stay on the Caldera grounds, however there are National Forest campgrounds 1/4 mile away at Suttle Lake.
Q: What time can I arrive?
A: Academy registration begins at 8 a.m. Tuesday, September 8. Please plan on arriving promptly. There is no camping or RV parking available on campus prior to Tuesday morning
Q: What time does camp start and end?
A: The first gathering is at 10 a.m. on Tuesday and the Academy concludes at 10 a.m. on Friday morning
Q: Can I get a discount on a festival ticket?
A: Yes! In fact, each ASA attendee can purchase up to two admission passes to this year’s festival at the Early Bird rate of $145 (a $25 discount)
What to bring:
There is WiFi access at Caldera, but cell service is spotty at best
Suitable Clothing – Caldera can be chilly at night, and quite warm during the day
Swimwear – Swimming is permitted only when lifeguard is present
Tent, sleeping bag, pillow and any other sleeping considerations
Reusable water bottle and/or thermos
Instrument(s) – whatever you choose to play and compose on
Toiletries – There is a shared restroom facility, complete with showers
Medications (EMT on-site)
Sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses
2020 Instructors (so far):
Emily Scott Robinson
& lots more TBA
The Americana Song Academy inspires people to believe in their creativity and helps develop a community that supports that pursuit.
- Artists performing at the Sisters Folk Festival arrive 4 days early to teach all aspects of music, songwriting, performance and singing.
- Participants deeply engage and nurture their music, songs, and aspirations. Private concerts, open mics and mentor sessions are all part of the experience.
- The musical alchemy of the festival artists from “Song Camp” helps inspire collaborations and exceptional performances at the festival each year.
- Campers participate in workshops, communal meals and activities at Camp Caldera, a stunning location on the edge of Blue Lake, high in the Cascade Mountains.
- With an extraordinary caterer serving up healthful and delicious food, a beautiful and powerful location, and a unique, intimate experience, the event continues to be highly anticipated and sells out each year.