September 7-10, 2021 • Caldera (outside Sisters, OR)
The 2020 Song Academy has been postponed to next year
Q: What does it cost to attend Americana Song Academy?
A: Camp tuition is $650 (camping) or $1025 (lodging at Tamarack Hall)
Q: What is included?
A: Tuition includes lodging at Tamarack Hall OR camping with shower facilities at the beautiful Caldera Arts Center on Blue Lake, ALL camp activities and instruction, plus ALL meals during your stay.
Q: Where is camp located?
A: Americana Song Academy takes place at Caldera Arts Center, located on the shores of Blue Lake in the Cascade mountains just minutes from Sisters. It’s a stunning setting. You’ll be provided with directions as camp gets closer.
What if I have special dietary needs?
A: Our excellent camp caterer can address most requests. All food is fresh, healthy and prepared on site. Many longtime campers have dubbed ASA “Food Camp with Music!”
Q: Can I bring my dog?
A: We welcome trained service animals but — due to liability issues — pets are not allowed.
Q: Can I camp in my RV?
A: Yes, there are dry camping spaces (no hookups) for RVs. Please notify us that you’ll be camping in an RV so we can reserve your space.
Q: Can my family come with me even if they’re not attending camp?
A: Only registered campers can stay on the Caldera grounds, however there are National Forest campgrounds 1/4 mile away at Suttle Lake.
Q: What time can I arrive?
A: Academy registration begins at 8 a.m. Tuesday, September 8. Please plan on arriving promptly. There is no camping or RV parking available on campus prior to Tuesday morning
Q: What time does camp start and end?
A: The first gathering is at 10 a.m. on Tuesday and the Academy concludes at 10 a.m. on Friday morning
Q: Can I get a discount on a festival ticket?
A: Yes! In fact, each ASA attendee can purchase up to two admission passes to the 2021 festival at a $25 discount.
Confirmed instructors for 2021 so far:
Emily Scott Robinson
The Americana Song Academy inspires people to believe in their creativity and helps develop a community that supports that pursuit.
- This immersive, virtual experience will offer master classes on songwriting from professional musicians (from list above, specific instructors TBD), 1:1 mentor sessions or small breakout sessions from support staff, intimate song circles and creative and emotional support from our camp counselor.
- Participants deeply engage and nurture their music, songs, and aspirations. Private concerts, open mics and mentor sessions are all part of the experience.
What to bring:
- There is WiFi access at Caldera, but cell service is spotty at best
- Suitable Clothing – Caldera can be chilly at night, and quite warm during the day
- Swimwear – Swimming is permitted only when lifeguard is present
- Tent, sleeping bag, pillow and any other sleeping considerations
- Reusable water bottle and/or thermos
- Instrument(s) – whatever you choose to play and compose on
- Toiletries – There is a shared restroom facility, complete with showers
- Medications (EMT on-site)
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses