Just a few spots remain for the 2021 Song Academy – reserve your spot today!register for song academy
Q: What does it cost to attend Americana Song Academy?
A: Camp tuition is $700 including all meals and instruction
Q: Where can I stay?
A: There are several beautiful public campgrounds less than a 5 minute drive upstream (10 minute walk) along the Metolius River, and we are encouraging folks who plan to camp to book these ASAP as it is NOT included with your registration. Campers may also elect to stay in lodging in town or at Black Butte Ranch.
• The Gorge Campground: https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/267083
• Smiling River Campground: https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233197
• Pine Rest Campground:
There are also a couple of privately-owned RV campgrounds in Camp Sherman with full hookups.
Q: Where is camp located?
A: House on Metolius, NF-980, Camp Sherman, Oregon 97739 (www.metolius.com)
Q: How much is tuition?
A: Song Academy is $700/person and includes all instruction, meals and snacks.
Q: What if I have special dietary needs?
A: Our excellent camp caterer can address most requests. All food is fresh, healthy and prepared on site. Many longtime campers have dubbed ASA “Food Camp with Music!
Q: Can I bring my dog?
A: We welcome trained service animals but — due to liability issues — pets are not allowed.
Q: Can my family come with me even if they’re not attending camp?
A: Only registered campers are permitted on the campus, but your family would likely enjoy camping and hanging out in the beautiful Camp Sherman area.
Q: What time can I arrive?
A: Academy registration begins at 8 a.m. Monday, September 27. Please plan on arriving promptly. There is no camping or RV parking available on campus prior to Monday morning
Q: What time does camp start and end?
A: The first gathering is at 10 a.m. on Monday, September 27 and the Academy concludes at 10 a.m. on Thursday morning, September 30.
Q: Can I get a discount on a festival ticket?
A: Yes! In fact, each ASA attendee can purchase up to two admission passes to the 2021 festival at a $25 discount, while supplies last. Promo codes will be emailed within a week of registering.
What to bring:
- There is slow WiFi access and spotty cell service at our 2021 location. Please plan to unplug and enjoy nature while you are at Song Academy!
- Suitable Clothing – Central Oregon can be chilly at night, and quite warm during the day
- Reusable water bottle and/or thermos
- Instrument(s) – whatever you choose to play and compose on
- Medications (EMT on-site)
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses
- Flyfishing gear if you’re into it
- Daypack and hiking shoes to enjoy the trails on the property
Emily Scott Robinson
The Americana Song Academy inspires people to believe in their creativity and helps develop a community that supports that pursuit.
- This immersive experience will offer master classes on songwriting from professional musicians, 1:1 mentor sessions or small breakout sessions from support staff, intimate song circles and creative and emotional support from our academy staff.
- Participants deeply engage and nurture their music, songs, and aspirations. Private concerts, open mics and mentor sessions are all part of the experience.