Donate here to the Capital Campaign and be a part of Sisters Folk Festival’s future.
Sisters, Oregon. There are big reasons to love this small town. It’s a community treasured not only for endless outdoor opportunities but for a vibrant creative culture. For two decades, Sisters Folk Festival has built a national reputation for Sisters as a community where the arts are valued, celebrated and accessible to everyone. Connected by Creativity means taking the region to new levels of excellence, through strategic investment in a permanent facility and a programming vision for Sisters Folk Festival. The Connected by Creativity campaign builds on a remarkable history of success to create a future of special opportunity in an extraordinary and uniquely Oregonian place.
- Promoting Lifelong Learning
Encouraging learning and personal growth for a multi-generational audience through enhanced programming, such as afternoon/after-school programs, youth and adult music education and instrument lessons, Americana roots music presentations and resources, SFF media/recording center, podcasting, and jam sessions for advancing students.
- Building a Vibrant Community
Making a great region to live in, powered by a creative spirit, and bringing people together through a shared love of music and arts, fostering engagement with people from a broader spectrum and diversity through engaging community events, such as concert performances, songwriting camps and classes, dance and theatre, film screenings, art gallery shows, receptions, literary presentations and more.
- Stimulating the Regional Economy
Drawing local, national and even international visitors to exceptional music events; giving Sisters a large reputation as a small town with a vibrant music and arts culture by creating opportunities for greater community collaboration and partnerships with other arts organizations, local merchants, non-profits, parks and recreation, artists, residents, restaurant and lodging entities that provide additional business year- round and more.
Baseline investment to purchase property and improve existing structure: $900,000
- Building value approximately $1 million. Generously offered by Kathy & Frank Deggendorfer at $500,000 if purchased by June 2019
- 8,000 s.f. existing structure, built in 1991, good condition
- Cost of $62.50 per s.f.
- .88 acre parcel
Improve Existing Structure
- $250K Improvements & Upgrades
Phase Two – Develop Options for New Multi-Use Venue on Property
- Construct approximately 7,300 s.f. structure on existing property to serve as a mid-size, year-round performance and community events facility
- Develop full capacity of site to serve as a center for music and the arts
Sustainability Plan and Program Vision
Program Development Vision
- Annual music education event to draw artists and participants to Sisters each spring.
- Add community music/arts events to the annual calendar, both in Sisters and in diverse Central Oregon communities.
- Provide and promote gathering space for multi-disciplinary music/art gatherings, such as drumming circles, ukulele club, quilting and other crafts.
- Multi-generational workshops, lectures and classes.