DID YOU KNOW?
Sisters Folk Festival Inc. programs have touched the lives of thousands of children. SFF events bring world-class entertainment to Central Oregon, invigorating the local economy and expanding cultural offerings in Sisters. Your donations help fund Americana Project classes, art instruction and scholarships for underserved youth, including the Family Access Network administered scholarships for students that wish to take private lessons in dance, music and visual arts.
We want to see motivated kids in the Sisters School District excel and take advantage of arts-related learning in our community, so we created the Americana Project Arts Outreach Scholarships (APAOS). With the help of individual donors and funds from First Interstate Bank Foundation, Roundhouse Foundation, and the Tykeson Family Trust, in 2018 we were able to support 157 students in ongoing music and dance instruction – a 100% increase since 2015! Thank you for your directed contributions to APAOS!
For two decades, Sisters Folk Festival has built a national reputation for Sisters as a community where the arts are valued, celebrated and accessible to everyone. Connected by Creativity Capital Campaign intends to take the region to new levels of excellence, through strategic investment in a permanent facility and a programming vision for Sisters Folk Festival. The Connected by Creativity campaign will build upon a remarkable history of success to create a future of special opportunity in an extraordinary and uniquely Oregonian place. See our progress HERE and join us now in supporting this exciting new initiative!
SFF invests your donation and profits from our events in the local community with year-round cultural events and classes
- Dollars donated to Sisters School District
- Dollars given as scholarships for both music and art seniors
- Americana Project Arts Outreach Scholarships via Family Access Network for at-risk youth Pre-K to12
- The operation of the Americana Project music and art classes in all three schools
- Americana Project Community Luthier program
- Song Academy for Youth
- Special class mentoring sessions from music and art professionals
- Recording Engineering mentoring with the completion of a CD representing each year of the music project
- Teaching music students to perform live as solo artists or play as a band
Your tax-deductible donation provides:
- Operating Support
- Americana Project Programs & Classes
- Cultural Events
Invest in Oregon Culture!
Match your donation to Sisters Folk Festival, Inc. with a gift to the Oregon Cultural Trust and get 100% of your gift to the Cultural Trust back as a tax credit. Sounds too good to be true, but it’s not!