2015 Event Dates – May 8 & 9 – Theme: Imagine
“Watching students thrive and grow in music and art programs is what SFF outreach is all about. Seeing what they create and listening to their lyrics and tunes, so fresh and inspired, instills hope and confidence in their lives. The arts truly make a difference!” ~ Katy Yoder, SFF Development Director
- My Own Two Hands (MOTH) is a regional celebration of the arts. Each year a theme is selected to inspire artists to create and donate a piece of art to be sold at the benefit auction in support of youth programming.
- Sisters students and the entire community participate. The kick-off is the Community Parade with students from all three schools displaying their art.
- At the Art Stroll, where the donated artwork is displayed at participating businesses, there is a festive atmosphere, bringing people out and into local businesses. Most stroll locations feature live music.
- The Community Arts Celebration is the culminating event Friday night where students of the Americana Project perform and visual arts are showcased. The student musicians perform with professional local musicians.
- On Saturday evening, the Art Auction and Party is a fun and exciting atmosphere with live and silent auctions, an upbeat band, all in an exceptionally funky and compelling setting.
If you are an approved Art Stroll Business, click here for Art Stroll Sponsor Information and Form
Important Dates and Information for 2015 Art Entry
- Artwork received by February 27 will be considered for the MOTH marketing poster.
- The official art intake day is Friday, March 13. Art intake location has not yet been determined for 2015.
- We require an entry form for each donation. See below for download or online version of the Entry Form.
- Artwork can be dropped off at our office in Sisters Art Works at 204 W. Adams Ave, Suite 204 any time before March 13.
If you haven’t yet completed your Art Entry Form, please email email@example.com for a link to the form.
Artwork will be juried for inclusion and placement in the live or silent auction. If your piece is not chosen for the live auction, you have the option of replacing it with another piece for the silent auction or withdrawing your donation.
Friday, May 8 – Throughout Sisters
- Community Parade – 4 pm; On Main Ave., starting at Spruce St. and ending at Oak St.
- Art Stroll – 3:30 – 6:30 pm
- Community Arts Celebration at The Belfry – 6:30 – 10:00 pm
Saturday, May 9 – Ponderosa Forge & Ironworks
- Art Auction & Party – 6 pm
2015 Art Theme – “Imagine”
As always, this event wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of our Sponsors, contributing artists and volunteers. For more information on sponsoring the annual My Own Two Hands event, call Katy Yoder at 541-549-4979, or e-mail – Katy Yoder.