The 2018 Americana Song Academy is September 4 – 7, 2018
Basic Information for Every Song-Camper
The Americana Song Academy is an inspiring opportunity, providing you the chance to focus on songwriting, self-expression and sharing music in a supportive setting. Additionally, it will give you the opportunity to take time for yourself, reflect and build community through song.
The entire Caldera campus is a non-smoking area; and Song Camp takes place at the height of fire season.
Below is a list of considerations for camp, including things to bring and medical information.
For those of you who purchased an All-Event pass to the Festival you can pick up your wristband at the General Check-In Tent after 1 PM on Festival Friday in Sisters at Village Green Park.
Arrival & Departure—
- Academy registration begins at 8 a.m. Tuesday. Please plan on arriving promptly
- There is no camping or RV parking available on campus prior to Tuesday morning
- First gathering is at 10 a.m.
- The Academy concludes at 10 a.m. on Friday morning
- Song Camp is a closed campus; we cannot accommodate any guests or folks who aren’t pre-registered participants
- 24 tipis are available to share on a first-come, first-served basis
- On-site tent campsites are available
- A limited amount of RV space is available for dry camping only. RV spaces cannot be reserved in advance, they are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you purchased accommodations at Tamarack Hall, rooms are within walking distance from Song Camp action and include shared bathrooms, and all bedding with pillows. Visit calderaarts.org, for additional information about the campus
Things to Bring—
- There is WiFi access at Caldera, but cell service is spotty at best
- Suitable Clothing – Caldera can be chilly at night, and quite warm during the day
- Swimwear : Swimming permitted only when lifeguard is present.
- Tent, Sleeping Bag, Pillow and any other sleeping considerations
- Reusable Water Bottle and/or Hot Thermos
- Instrument(s) – whatever you choose to play and compose on
- Toiletries – There is a shared restroom facility, complete with showers
- Medications (EMT on-site)
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses
Dietary & Medical Considerations—
- The food at Song Camp is legendary, thanks to Annie and her brilliant staff. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free, etc. options will be available and clearly labeled with ingredient(s) and/or possible allergens, if not clearly identifiable.
- You will be asked to sign a release form and indicate any medical concerns.
- There will be an EMT on staff throughout the three days of Song Camp.
Refunds & Wait List —
- Refunds can be requested up to 7 days before Song Camp begins. If we are able to fill your space with someone from the wait list, we will refund your registration less a $25 processing fee. There are no refunds after 5 pm on Wednesday, August 29.
- When Tamarack Hall lodging and Song Camp registration are full you will be able to sign up for the wait list. As space opens up, you will be contacted through our ticketing platform, Eventbrite, with information and time frame for securing the opening.
Click Here for a Sample Song Camp Schedule (you’ll receive the actual schedule as this year’s Song Camp approaches)