MOTH ART DONATION INFORMATION
2022 Theme – “Moving Beyond”submit an art donation form
Important Dates and Information
- We encourage artists to select one piece that best represents their work. Due to the large number of submissions, if we receive multiple entries from an artist we may only be able to accept one.
- We hope the theme inspires you and artists are encouraged to tell us how their donation fits the theme, but donating a theme-oriented piece is not a requirement.
- We require a donation form for each piece.
March 4– Promotional artwork consideration deadline. The Sisters Folk Festival My Own Two Hands (MOTH) committee will be selecting one piece they believe best represents the theme. This selected piece will be used in virtual and print marketing to promote all the happenings of My Own Two Hands.
March 11 – Last day to submit artwork. This allows time to jury pieces for award selection, professionally photograph the art, and prepare the online artwork spotlights on SFF’s website and social media feeds, the MOTH auction site and email campaigns.
March 12-14 – Art jurying
Week of March 22 – Award selection announcement
April 29 – MOTH free community celebration at Sisters Art Works: Art, live music, and camaraderie.
April 30 – MOTH art auction fundraiser, an in-person ticketed party with a virtual component to encourage expanded out-of-the-area bidding. Artists whose work is selected to be included in the auction will be given two complimentary tickets to the auction and party.
Sisters Folk Festival works to promote artists, their work, and the community of Sisters as an arts destination, encouraging the economic vitality that comes with a creative culture.
2022 Jury Process
About 100 pieces are accepted for the auction. Artwork will be juried for inclusion in our all-silent auction in-person auction (with options to bid virtually). We may not be able to accept all donations. If your piece is not chosen for the auction, you have the option of replacing it with another piece or withdrawing your donation. All artwork accepted for the auction becomes the property of Sisters Folk Festival, Inc.
2022 Artist Appreciation & Promotion
Sisters Folk Festival (SFF) works to promote artists, their work, and the community of Sisters as an arts destination, encouraging the economic vitality that comes with a creative culture. Artists whose work is selected to be included in the auction will be given two complimentary tickets to the auction and party. Selected pieces will be professionally photographed and a digital file will emailed to the artist. Artist and artwork spotlights will occur on website, the online auction site, Instagram and Facebook!
The SFF-managed Campbell Gallery (located in the Sisters Art Works building) is open to MOTH artists. There is no participation fee or commissions taken on sales. SFF is pleased to support you as an artist and reap the benefits of adorning our gallery walls with your creative expressions.
2022 MOTH Awards
Sisters Folk Festival will be granting cash awards to MOTH artists. Past awards have included Theme Award, Award of Merit, Americana Folk Award, Ben Westlund Advocate for the Arts Award, and more! Visit SistersFolkFestival.org to view past award recipients and award criteria.
How to submit your artwork:
- Pieces can be hand delivered to the Sisters Folk Festival office Monday – Friday, 10 am – 4 pm; 204 W. Adams Ave. Sisters, OR, suite 101 (downstairs). Call ahead to make sure SFF staff is available to receive your work.
- Ship via UPS or FedEx using the physical address above
- Send via U.S. mail to Sisters Folk Festival, P.O. Box 3500, PMB 304 Sisters, OR 97759
- Contact Kate Kittell to coordinate a local pick up (Sisters, Bend, Redmond) – [email protected]/ 541-588-7064