Volunteer With Us
The heart and soul of the Sisters Folk Festival organization is the dedicated army of volunteers who make everything we do possible. Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Steps to becoming a Festival Volunteer:
- Create an account through Volunteer Impact if you don’t already have one (this account is permanent for current and future volunteer opportunities)
– Did you sign up to volunteer last year? If so, then you already have an account, username and password.
– If you’re a couple, each person needs his/her own account, so please create a separate account with a unique email for each of you.
- Review job descriptions, expectations and important dates.
- In June, sign up for your shifts!
(Don’t worry- we notify you by email when jobs are ready and provide instructions!)
– When signing up for shifts, keep in mind that volunteers who give at least 10 hours get an All-Event Pass to the Festival for use when not volunteering.
– Shift lengths vary (4-7 hours long). Some people may work up to a total of 13 hours, depending on shifts selected. Breaks are provided.
– Not all jobs will be available for self-scheduling.
– Shifts are first-come, first-scheduled.
– Our volunteer pool exceeds the number of shifts available, so please schedule early and check back for vacancies if you can’t find an ideal shift.
– We can’t guarantee that all registered volunteers will be able to secure shifts by August 1st.
- August 3rd is the last day to cancel or change your shifts.
– Volunteers can add shifts and new volunteers can sign up for shifts but no changes to schedules can be made after this date.
- We recommend you book lodging early and offer a list of resources here.
- SFF is unable to provide volunteer accommodations.
- Prospective volunteers who are minors are subject to additional screening. a conversation with parents/guardians prior to Festival may be required.
- Generally, all volunteers are at least 14 years-old at time of volunteering.
- Minor volunteers may need to work a shift with their parent/guardian.
If you have questions or wish to be involved in other opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected] or 541-549-4979 ext. 4.
To learn more about SFF’s programs and how your volunteer effort impacts the community visit sistersfolk.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Sisters Folk Festival, Inc.!