SFF is looking for folks willing to stay up past ‘bedtime’ to volunteer during the Festival! Volunteer for two shifts (aka at least 10 hours) and receive a Festival wristband so you can continue enjoying the music and good energy outside of your volunteer opportunities.
Some volunteer job highlights:
- Door monitors check wristbands, assist with seating, answer general Festival questions all while being enjoying the music
- Bartenders are pouring beer and wine and promoting SFF’s sustainability movement. (Bring your own 16 oz. steel cups! Or purchase a snazzy SFF branded cup. Stay tuned for more info.) *OLCC permit not required as volunteers are supervised by hired bar managers & sign OLCC’s volunteer server agreement.
- Bike valet keep an eye on patrons bikes at 3 cool venues-Sisters Art Works, FivePine Lodge & Conference Center, and Melvin’s by Newport Avenue Market.
- Artist Merchandise Sales sling CD’s, band tee’s, and other cool swag. Sometimes they even get to meet the musicians!
- Access Ambassadors go above and beyond toassist patrons with accessibility needs by offering seating assistance at all our venues. You’re asked to wear a blue vest to patrons can easily find you.
Steps to becoming a Volunteer:
- Create an account through Volunteer Impact if you don’t already have one (this account is permanent for current and future volunteer opportunities)
– Did you sign up to volunteer last year? If so, then you already have an account, username and password.
– If you’re a couple, each person needs his/her own account, so please create a separate account with a unique email for each of you.
- Review job descriptions, expectations and important dates.
- In June, sign up for your Festival shifts!
(Don’t worry- we notify you by email when jobs are ready and provide instructions!)
– When signing up for shifts, keep in mind that volunteers who give at least 10 hours towards the Festival get an All-Event Pass to the Festival for use when not volunteering.
– Shift lengths vary (4-7 hours long). Some people may work up to a total of 13 hours, depending on shifts selected. Breaks are provided.
– Not all jobs will be available for self-scheduling.
– Shifts are first-come, first-scheduled.
– Our volunteer pool exceeds the number of shifts available, so please schedule early and check back for vacancies if you can’t find an ideal shift.
– We can’t guarantee that all registered volunteers will be able to secure shifts by August 1st.
- August 9 is the last day to cancel or change your shifts.
– Volunteers can add shifts and new volunteers can sign up for shifts but no changes to schedules can be made after this date.
- We recommend you book lodging early and offer a list of resources here.
- SFF is unable to provide volunteer accommodations.
- Prospective volunteers who are minors are subject to additional screening. a conversation with parents/guardians prior to Festival may be required.
- Generally, all volunteers are at least 14 years-old at time of volunteering.
- Minor volunteers may need to work a shift with their parent/guardian.
If you have questions or wish to be involved in other opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected] or 541-549-4979 ext. 4.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Sisters Folk Festival, Inc.!